Discover in this article,100 of the best Sister Quotes so that you can improve and appreciate even more your relationship with your sister.
A sister is that person who understands you the best; protects and loves you without asking for anything in return.
If you have a sister, she gave you the first example of what means true friendship and deep connection. Is it not?
As children, you might have had many fights, as children often do. However, quickly everything was forgotten and forgiven. That was your first exercise of:
- Agreeing to disagree
- Offer love and support
- Be tolerant
- Make concessions and understand the true meaning of compromise
- Feel useful and needed
- Daring to ask for help
Check out these 100 of the best Sister Quotes and become even better, more understanding and compassionate sibling to your fantastic sister(s).
1. Sisterhood is powerful.
2. A true sister will stand by your side.
3. A loyal sister is worth a thousand friends.
4. Sisters help make the hard times easier and the easy times more fun.
5. Being sisters means you always have a backup.
6. Sisters help make the hard times easier and the easy times more fun.
7. Help one another is part of the religion of sisterhood. — Louisa May Alcott
8. The best thing about having a sister was that I always had a friend.
9. There’s nobody in the world that knows me better than my sister.
10. Sister is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship.
11. There are only two things you need in this world: love and a sister.
12. A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. — Marion Garretty
13. Sisters aren’t best friends – they’re even better.
14. Sisters are the people we practice on, the people who teach us about fairness and cooperation and kindness and caring – quite often the hard way. – Pamela Dugdale
15. Side by side or miles apart we are sisters connected by the heart.
16. Fairies truly are real. I have one, and I call her sister.
17. I smile because you’re my sister. I laugh because you can’t do anything about it.
18. Help one another, is part of the religion of sisterhood.
19. We may be sisters by blood, but we’re friends by choice.
20. Sweet, crazy conversations full of half sentences, daydreams and misunderstandings more thrilling than understanding could ever be. — Toni Morrison
21. My sisters and my mom, those people help me get through every single day.
22. The media leads us to believe that the most important relationship in our lives is a romantic one. But sisterhood will last longer than any other relationship. Sisters will always be there.
23. Sister is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship.
24. Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there. — Amy Li
25. Sisters are mirrors that let us see who we really are on the inside.
26. A sister shares childhood memories and grown-up dreams.
27. It’s so hard to be an adult, responsible and sensible every second of the day. That’s why it’s so great to have a sister who has a heart as young as yours.
28. There is no problem that sisters cannot confront, combat, plot against, ignore, make fun of, drown in chocolate sauce, or run over with the car.
29. Sisters are two peas in a pod, bugs in a rug, birds of a feather, and friends forever.
30. For there is no friend like a sister In calm or stormy weather; to cheer one on the tedious way, to fetch one if one goes astray, to lift one if one totters down, to strengthen whilst one stands.
31. We make enemies and acquire friends throughout life. But our sisters – they come with the territory.
32. You can kid the world. But not your sister. — Charlotte Gray
33. Sisters are a lot like cats. They fight and claw at each other, but at the end of the day, they snuggle up together and daydream.
34. At this point, none of us are sure why we fight. We’re sisters. We need no good reason to fight, even though we have plenty of them. — Ken Wheaton
35. I may fight with my sister, but if you try to lay a hand on her, you’ll have to deal with me.
36. Side by side or miles apart, sisters will always be connected by the heart.
37. Sisters don’t need words. They’ve perfected their own secret language.
38. Sometimes I wonder how you put up with me. Then I remember, oh I put up with you. So we’re even.
39. If you ask me, being a sister is even better than being a princess.
40. Friends change, lovers leave, sisters are eternal.
41. Of all the gifts that are big and small, sisters are the very best of all.
42. Sisters never quite forgive each other for what happened when they were five.” — Pam Brown
43. Sisters are the friends who know all of your secrets, but will never judge you.
44. You think I am crazy? You should meet my sister!
45. Life would be empty and incomplete without a sister to share my life’s greatest moments with.
46. Sisters may share the same mother and father but appear to come from different families.
47. Sisters share the smells, scents, and feelings of a shared childhood.
48. When traveling life’s journey, it’s good to have a sister’s hand to hold on to.
49. The great thing about having a sister is that there’s always someone to pass the blame on.
50. We’ll always fight, but we’ll always make up as well. That’s what sisters do: we argue, we point out each other’s frailties, mistakes, and bad judgment, we flash the insecurities we’ve had since childhood, and then we come back together. Until the next time. — Lisa See
51. All of the textbooks, tutorials, guides and journals in the world couldn’t teach you the life experiences that your sister can teach you.
52. When I say I won’t tell anyone, my sister doesn’t count.
53. Sisters are always connected at the heart even if they’re miles apart.
54. You and I are sisters. Always remember that if you fall, I will pick you up … after I finish laughing.
55. Bonds between sisters are tightly woven and sometimes loosely held. But they can never be broken.
56. Older sisters are the only people who will pick on you for their own amusement and beat up anyone else who tries to do the same.
57. If you don’t understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child. — Linda Sunshine
58. While growing up, sisters fight to make each other stronger and ready to face the cruel world.
59. With friends, you have to put on a good face, but with sisters, you can be tedious and even boring.
60. She is your witness, who sees you at your worst and best, and loves you anyway. She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion, someone who knows when you are smiling, even in the dark. She is your teacher, your defense attorney, your personal press agent, even your shrink. Some days, she’s the reason you wish you were an only child. — Barbara Alpert
61. Sisters bring out the strongest of emotions and the best in us. They’re the first people we love and a lifelong friend.
62. More than Santa Claus, your sister knows when you’ve been bad and good.
63. Sisters make the good times even better and the hard times just a little bit easier.
64. Boys leave, so do friends, but sisters are friends that will never go. And they just happen to have come from the same mother.
65. I can choose my lovers and my friends. But I never had the opportunity to choose my sister, and I’m glad I didn’t because she is the best sister anyone could ever have.
66. Sisters are for sharing laughter and wiping tears.
67. Our sisters are there for us from the start of our own personal stories until the very end.
68. A sister is a special type of angel on earth who brings out your best qualities.
69. It’s better to compete with your sister than other people. If you lose, she will shower you with hugs and kisses instead of insults.
70. There is no friend than a sister, and there is no better sister than you.
71. I know for certain that destiny and fate are on my side because I share wonderful memories with a sister who saw me through life’s greatest strides.
72. An older sister is a friend and defender – a listener, conspirator, a counselor and a sharer of delights. And sorrows too.
73. A good friend will listen to your worries with open ears, but only a sister will listen to your worries and fears with an open heart.
74. Sisterly love is, of all sentiments, the most abstract. Nature does not grant it any functions.
75. What I really love about being your sister is that we can have inappropriate conversations that no rational person would ever have.
76. A perfect sister I am not, but thankful for the one I’ve got.
77. A conversation with my sister will always bring me comfort – no matter what life throws at me.
78. A sister in a friend will come and go but a friend in a sister will always remain.
79. Never look down on your sister except when you’re picking her up.
80. I never try to make anyone my best friend because I already have one and she is my sister.
81. My sister is my best friend because she believes in me when I don’t believe in myself.
82. That’s the best thing about little sisters: They spend so much time wishing they were elder sisters that in the end they’re far wiser than the elder ones could ever be.
83. Sisters are friends you can be truly honest with.
84. Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there.
85. I don’t understand how people make it through life without a sister.
86. Sisters have a Tom and Jerry relationship, always on each other’s trail but can never be complete without the other.
87. Remember sister, you are always in my heart. I keep you so close that there is no chance of escaping.
88. Sisters always know when it’s time to talk, and when it’s time to listen; when it’s time cry, and when it’s time to laugh.
89. Only a sister will tell you honestly when an outfit you’re wearing doesn’t look great on you.
90. Sisters, as you know, also have a unique relationship. This is the person who has known you your entire life, who should love you and stand by you no matter what, and yet it’s your sister who knows exactly where to drive the knife to hurt you the most. – Lisa See
91. What’s good news if you have no sister to share it with?
92. Sis, you will always have a special place in my life.
93. There is no better friend in this world than a sister, and no sister in the world is better than you.
94. It’s nice to grow up with a sister; someone to lean on, to count on, and to tell on.
95. Sisters are two distinct flowers from the same beautiful garden.
96. In life, people will come and go. Friends change as swiftly as the weather. But I always know that my sister will be here forever.
97. When we stand shoulder to shoulder, sister, no one can ever come between us.
98. Sisters teach us about cooperation, fairness, caring and kindness. Oftentimes, they teach us these lessons the hard way.
99. Sisters love each other dearly, but at the same time, want to wring each other’s necks.
100. Dear sister, you may be gone from my sight, but you are never far from my heart.